Monday, February 27, 2012

Hoping for a fever?

Was a bit under the weather on Sunday, but sadly not enough to think about taking the day off of work. It's an oddity of where I'm at in life - wanting nothing so much as to write for hours - that I was hoping to get more sick, so I could justify calling in sick (with the painful little caveat that I really couldn't have afforded that time off, anyway...).

In other news, the cover for "Three Fingers of Death" has been finished by the wonderful Graham Hanks (same artist responsible for the glorious Le Morte d'Arthur cover). Barring some calamitous event, I will be formatting and publishing Three Fingers of Death tonight!

I'm excited to release this one to the world. My beta readers have told me it's some of my best writing yet. It certainly is more overtly fantastical than Swordsman of Carn Nebeth, though retaining a lot of the humble feel.

The third story in the Wandering Tale, "The Giant of Tidesmouth" has been underway for some while now and will hopefully be published by the end of March. Getting covers made at this pace is difficult... I might have to fall back on creating my own, for awhile. I can always replace them later with better, commissioned work when I have the cash.

What's that? You want to see the cover? Oh, very well. Since you've been good:


No comments:

Post a Comment