Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Expanding Subjects and Switching Gears

Well, the stories that are become Echoes And Memories have all passed the initial draft phase. Now I send them off to beta readers for outside opinions while simultaneously working on something else so I get some mental distance, all the better for whipping them into shape for final publication this summer. (*Note to self: work on the book blurbs BEFORE the day of publication!)

However, I'm switching to work primarily on something not writing or publishing related. As I mention every now and again I do a lot of hobbyist game design, and much as with my writing I'm hoping that will eventually turn into a professional pursuit. This next month will be occupied with finishing up a prototype of a game I've been creating for a few months.

In that light, I'm officially making this blog a Writing/Publishing blog as well as a Game Design/Creation blog. I imagine there is enough overlap in the fandom that I won't annoy my handful of readers too much, and it beats having to start up a whole other blog that no one reads. I can always split them up later if need be.

So, expect my rants, rambles, and raves for at least the next month to be on game topics!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the game designing as well as these upcoming projects. Work and focus--shifting from one to the other can certainly help sharpen the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly does for me. I find that if I don't decide ahead of time to devote a certain stretch of days (currently about a month at a time) to a certain project, I'll waste a lot of my down time just deciding which project to work on.

      Delete